South Park Business Association - Member Benefits
SPBA Member Benefits
A voice in issues affecting your business. Learn about policy issues that impact your business and gain a voice with top elected officials at the city, county, regional and state level.
Business Advocacy. A primary goal of the SPBA is to bring member companies together.
The SPBA Advocacy Initiative exists to help its members create and deliver a unified legislative agenda to serve the best interests of the entire South Park business community. SPBA offers the vehicle for business leaders in South Park to express their opinions and concerns and be heard. The key messages of this Initiative include:
- South Park is a long-established, diverse and economically significant part of not only the Seattle business community, but the Puget Sound regional community as well. It is immediately accessible to all transportation modalities and is a highly attractive location for business.
- The safety of all members of the community is paramount. SPBA has a long history of working with all law enforcement and public safety representatives within the community.
- Infrastructure development is necessary and important, including the reconstruction of the South Park Bridge.
- Improvements in the mobility of employees to and from South Park and within the community are critical.
- Adequate housing, health and nutritional services are critical to South Park as a viable business community and need to be supported and improved.
SPBA is partnering with the University of Washington Business and Economic Development Center in helping to make available to South Park businesses:
- The benefits of the UW Business Assistance Program which provides financial, IT, accounting and marketing assistance; and
- The BEDC Business Certificate Program which offers classroom-based business education.
Business Marketing. The South Park Business Association offers great tools to market your company. Sponsorship opportunities, advertising programs and Association referrals provide affordable ways to promote your business. The SPBA makes reaching local customers easy. Contact the South Park Business Association today to take advantage of these opportunities.
A Targeted Audience. The South Park Business Association provides a powerful platform for your business. Association events enable members to meet decision makers from other companies, both potential customers and potential vendors. The Online Association Directory makes it easy to contact other South Park businesses. A listing in the Directory promotes your company to other members, to people in the South Park community and to anyone searching “South Park” on the worldwide web.
Neighborhood Promotion. The South Park Business Association is an organization of business people dedicated to the growth and development of the community in which we have chosen to do business.
Committee involvement. Members can focus on issues of particular significance to them through participation in one of our committees:
Public Safety/Emergency Services
A tax-deductible business expense. The South Park Business Association is a 501(c)4 non-profit corporation. In most cases, 94% of your annual membership dues are tax deductible as a business expense.